If you’re applying to school for vocal performance, make sure you follow these 5 tips for your video submissions:
1. DRESS THE PART! Guys should be in jackets and women in dresses / skirts.
2. USE THE ROOM - NOT A MIC! In classical music we sing live - on your video you should too.
3. BEWARE OF OVER-EDITING! If you add reverb, the committee will hear it (and probably wonder what you’re hiding).
4. BE CONFIDENT! Announce your name and piece in a clear and confident tone.
5. SMILE! If you feel good about your singing, the audition committee will too.